What is the Vision and the Mission of the Vineyard Newport?
Our Vision: Experiencing God´s Kingdom
We aim to be a dynamic church, passionately committed to Jesus Christ, with empowered lay-led ministries, committed to loving, educating, serving, planting churches and advancing the Kingdom of God in our community, our nation and the world!
Our Mission: Equipping Believers for the Work of the Ministry
Our mission is to worship God through Jesus Christ, love one another in Christ-like relationships, equip the church to minister, proclaim the Kingdom of God, and evangelize the nations, all in the power of the Holy Spirit!
What are the Values of the Newport Vineyard?
Every house is built upon a foundation. Vineyard is built upon the foundation of our theology – how we think about God – and our values, the kinds of ideas and attitudes that we feel are important.
Here are some of the things that we value at Vineyard Newport Beach:
1. We value PURSUIT OF GOD – We seek God and wait expectantly for his presence in all that we do (John 4:34, 5:19-20).
2. We value RELATIONSHIP – Caring for people is our highest pnoritv after submission to God, because the purpose of the cross was the reconciliation of men and women (2 Corinthians 5:18-21).
3. We value THE BIBLE as the Word of God – As evangelical Christians, the Bible is our final authority; our approach to life and ministry is shaped by the counsel of Scripture(2 Timothy 3:16-17).
4. We value Being SPIRIT-LED – We are a people who believe in, practice, and value the power of God. We seek to be responsive to the Holy Spirit in life and ministry. (Romans 8:14-17; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
5. We value TRAINING and DISCIPLESHIP – We believe our job is to equip the laity for the ministry. We see discipleship as the on-going process of training and personal growth, enabling the body to minister to the local church and the-community at large. (Ephesians 4:11-13).
6. We value SERVANT LEADERSHIP – We believe that leadership is a function, not a title. We believe that the Lord has placed significant leadership authority in the hands of the pastor and his associates. We aim to exercise that leadership with humility, selflessness, grace, care for the congregation, and a sincere desire to build up the Body of Christ. (I Peter 5:1-7; Ephesians 4:11-13).
7. We value SIMPLICITY – We want to be “naturally supernatural,” avoiding behavior that draws attention away from God and to ourselves. (1 Corinthians 2:2-5; James 3:13 ); 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12).
8. We value COMPASSION & MERCY – We believe that God´s mercy always triumphs over judgment and that God has called us to be attentive to the needs of the poor and helpless. (Luke 4:18; James 2-13; John 8:1-11).
9. We value CHRIST-LIKENESS – We desire to become a people who will not just hear, but also do, the words and works of Jesus. We desire Jesus’ love, mercy, grace, truth, purity, power and integrity to shine through all we do. (1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-2).
10. We value RISK TAKING – We know that gifting develops in an environment of trial-and-error, so we are willing to be patient with people’s weaknesses and failures while teaching and leading them toward greater effectiveness. (John 21:15-19; Galatians 5:22-23).
11. We value INTEGRITY – It is important for us to speak the truth, deal honestly, and live uprightly because this kind of life is the badge that identifies us as Gods light to a dark world. (Ephesians 4:15, 25-5:4).
How does the Vineyard Newport fulfill its purposes?
|The six step life development process is a guideline for how we approach ministry at Vineyard Newport Beach. Our approach is sensitive to the stage of spiritual growth of the individual, and our objective is to disciple people through the six steps of growth utilizing the various components and emphases of our ministry.
The six steps can be pictured as a pentagon (found on the main page of our site):
|From our home page you can visit a page linked to each of the six steps which will tell you about our vision and programs in more detail. The six steps are briefly described as follows:
1. Worship, the Word and the Spirit